- September '96
- Jack and Jessamyn move into the Ballard Odd Fellows Hall and
concoct the Rent is theft scheme
- October '96
- First Rent is Theft party: five people show up
- November '96
- Second Party: over 30 attendees, much food. Everyone is very tall, it
seems. First Rent is Theft party to be captured on digital video [but not
- December '96
- Leftovers Party: three days after Thanksgiving
- January '97
- New Year's Day Brunch. Jack cooks eggs benedict for 30.
- February '97
- Odd Stock I: slides, video, music and racy poetry.
- March '97
- Bingo Night Potluck: O 69!
- April '97
- Farewell to Jack Six Bags of Chips and a Carrot Party
- May '97
- Swap Meet Potluck: brought ten bags of clothes to the chicken soup
brigade. Squid guns, plastic ballerinas, leather briefcases and t-shirts,
- June '97
- Australian Beach Party: way too much food, much
merriment and the pinata that would not die.
- July/August '97
- Special Double-Issue Odd Stock: poetry,
Russian rap, stand-up comedy,
beer merriment and a very surly host
- September '97
- Pancake Birthday Breakfast '97:
Blueberry pancakes & waffles for 50, random gift exchange and more
- October '97
- Bought the Farm: too much hay, just enough
candy corn, leftover rum and nearly too cold to smoke outside.
- Halloween '97!
- Thanksgiving '97
- your standard food fest
- December '97
- Odd Stock III: unicycles, juggling, lounge
acts, dancing, stories, fun!
- January '98
- Omlette Bar: make your own omlette with
special surprise favorite, apples!
- February '98
- Bingo Potluck: O 69! A lot of folks and fun
prizes and good beer.
- March '98
- Odd Stock IV: an ever improving tradition of
super open mike, this time with nutty wig-wearing guys, chicks playing bass,
lots of poetry and singing and excellent beer.
- April '98
- Zanga Zanga Dance Party! a really great
Zimbabwean band played
for free & much dancing was had by all.
- May '98
- Spring Cleaning closets got cleaned, stuff got
gotten and gotten rid of and bagels for everyone
- July '98
- Odd Stock V small, intimate, and still
enough jugglers to go around.
- October '98
- Whirly Ball Rent is Theft goes on the road and
plays a cross between Jai Alai and bumper cars up in Edmonds.
- December '98
- So Called Christmas Rent is Theft goes on the
road again down the street to Freelard to watch 12 hours of movies,
eat Chinese food and partake in recreational drugs and drinking.
- Dec/Jan '98-'99
- New Years Eve: a special Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat, for
Jack who missed Thanksgiving this year, fun, small and dandelion wine that
tasted like turpentine.
- January '99
- Odd Stock VI: The best ever. 120 people, a
range of talented performers, no one who sucked and some tasty Odd Grog.
- March '99
- African Dance Party: Zanga Zanga, Anzanga and Mahonyera played African
folk music while a hundred people danced and danced.
- April '99
- Brunch! Free eggs at Ballard Market = good brunching for 20 on a Sunday
- May '99
- Odd Stock Seven!! Tons of people. It's hard to
believe that there is still good new talent, but we found it.
- July '99
- African dancing. Another 100 people dancing to
the supreme stylings of Zanga Zanga and Tiny Giants.
- July '99
- Bingo. The best prizes in town were won by all
at the White Elephant Bingo Melee.
- Dec '99 - Jan '00
- Billediub. Sleepover New Year's Eve in
Vermont. Lovely lovely lovely. Watch this space, same time next year.
- Feb '00
- WWMT. I still have not sent the postcards I made in the
Women Who Make Things event....
- March '00
- Odd Stock Finale. The last Odd Stock, the end of an era, a beautiful farewell.
- July '01
- 4th of July Weekend at Jessamyn's -- people
in tents, big big BBQ, fun fun fun.